Monday, August 20

Zachariah

Eszter (out of nowhere, during dinner): I was reminded, the angels in my good dreams told me I am going to be a pastor.
Then we asked if she was going to be a kids pastor, or a music pastor, or a main pastor. She said she was going to be a main pastor. Then she just started saying, "Zachariah" a bunch of times. What is she a prophet??? Zachariah prophesied of the coming Messiah and that there would be difficult times before He comes. We have no idea who told her about Zachariah.

Then, the next night at bedtime, I was reading her her stories and then praying with her. She stopped me in the middle of the prayer when I prayed we would know Jesus more. She said, "I know Jesus." I asked her who Jesus was. "Jesus is God's Son. He's God." I asked what did He do? "He was born to Mary and Joseph. He was a baby." Then what happened? "Soldiers killed Him on the cross and He died." Why did He die? "So we could know Him forever." Then what happened? "The tomb was empty. He wasn't dead anymore." Eszter, Jesus died so that we could know Him and grow to be like Him and love each other and take care of each other. Do you want to grow up to be more like Jesus? "Yeah." Do you want to pray to God about it? "You can do it." Eszter, that's only a prayer that you can do for yourself. I can't do it for you. "I'm not ready yet." "Mommie, can you tell me more about the empty tomb?"

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a great subject for a blog. I'm sure we will have many posts to add shortly.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back!