Thursday, August 30

I forgot

So, Eszter has been going stir-crazy. We broke a heat record here in Arizona, and she has pretty much only left the house for church and a few brief trips to the store. As a result, she has been misbehaving in ways we never thought possible. Those of you who know Eszter, probably think we are crazy. She is usually really well-behaved. So, tonight, I was getting her ready for bed and I asked, "Eszter, how come you've been so naughty today?" Eszter thinks hard for a moment and looks at me wide-eyed, "Mommy, I forgot not to be naughty. I talked to God about it. I didn't mean to be."

How can you stay mad at that????

2 comments:

Kristy said...

You can't. You just can't. But she obviously has a really sensitive conscience, and you can TOTALLY use that to guilt trip her about stuff, right? :)
Come on, you know I'm kidding.

Ashlee said...

I just try to remember those words when I'm so mad I could scream...