Thursday, September 20

Some therapist is going to be very wealthy...

Sometimes kids say funny things because they imitate us. Other times, we strike fear in their hearts because they don't understand us.

Tonight, Eszter and I were looking through a catalog, and she saw a book with cartoon fireflies on the cover.
Eszter: "Are those bees nice bees?
Mommie: "They're not bees, honey, they're fireflies. They light up in the dark. They're really fun, nice buggies. If kids live nearby, they can catch them and put them in jars and watch them."
Eszter: (eyes as big as saucers)
Mommie: (thinking Eszter is going to want to track down fireflies to catch them)
Eszter: "I'm sad, Mommie."
Mommie: "Why, honey?"
Eszter: (now sobbing almost hysterically) Because of the kids in the jars!

Then, we call Grammie and Grampie later.
Eszter: "I'm really excited that you sent me ballerina stickers. It reminds me that I want to be a ballerina girl when I'm a grown up. I will have to find a new ballerina teacher, though. My old teacher tells us we have to jump over crocodiles and they scare me. So I won't do it, I just watch."

No comments: